Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Foothill Cities Gets Observed

Thanks to Kevin Roderick of LA Observed for the much appreciated link. As he says, this is an "anony-blog, so anybody could be behind it."

I would like to make clear that the intent of anonymity here is not to throw stones and hide behind an anonymous wall so much as it is to let my arguments and posts stand on their own. (I am far from being in their position in an infinite number of ways, but the Founders of our country wrote anonymously too, most famously under the pen name Publius in The Federalist Papers.) I know when I read anonymous blogs I take what they say with some hefty grains of salt, and I know my readers are smart enough to do the same. Trust me, if you knew who I am you wouldn't get that excited anyway.

I don't plan to have this become some online bastion of hidden rumor and innuendo or to secretly support causes and candidates. I would like, rather, in the limited time I have for it, to get people interested in San Gabriel Valley politics while airing my views. While I'll be keeping track of the news, I'll obviously be talking about some stories to the exclusion of others. In sum, what I choose to talk about or not talk about will obviously be biased.

If you do have a problem with what I say, feel free to email me. I don't plan to allow comments on the blog, but there is a good chance that I'll post them if they are thoughtful enough.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

No comments: